The Blackboard (Bb) Test Generator converts your electronic file tests (i.e., MS Word or Text) into the learning management system (LMS) test questions. Bb Test Generator is an open educational resource. This will save time from building a test online one question at a time IF you already have it prepared. The College of Southern Idaho provides a Bb test generator website where you can copy-and-paste your test to the Bb test generator to convert it into a zip file that can be uploaded into Schoology. The directions on their Website are fairly straightforward. After you convert the text, you’ll obtain a bbquiz zip file.
For Schoology LMS, follow these steps after you log into your course to upload the test:
- Create a blank test in Schoology.
- Then select Add Question.
- From the drop-down menu, select Import Test/Quiz.
- Select Blackboard 7.1-9.0 button for import type from the pop-up window. Select next and locate your bbquiz zip file for import from your computer.
5. Then provide the appropriate test settings within Schoology.
Note. In Schoology, the default points awarded for test questions is 1. To change them all to something else without having to manually do this one-by-one for long tests, follow these steps:
- Select the Options tab within the Quiz Questions view, and save your test to the Schoology Question Bank. Make a new Question Bank if you don’t have one already. Save Question Bank to your personal Resources (Home) on Schoology.
- Then delete your quiz after you’ve saved it to the Schoology Question Bank. Yes, start all over!
Create a new test (Add Quiz), and use questions from your test bank.
Select From Question Banks from the drop-down menu to Add Questions.
5. Open the Question Bank in your Resources to add Set Points BEFORE you copy it over. This is the only material you can actually edit within your personal resources in Schoology.