Two of my proposals were accepted for presentation at the Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education (SITE) International Conference in Austin, TX. I’d love to connect with any of my readers who are also going to SITE. This will be my third time to attend this conference. This time around, I’ll be sharing the outcomes of my dissertation and participating in a panel on gaming for educational purposes. I will be the newbie gaming researcher on the expert panel sharing a job aid for other educators who would like to get started.
Here’s my current schedule for the conference: (All times are Central Standard Time.)
1. Brief Paper: Use of Online Role-Playing Games With Language Learning Strategies to Improve English Grammar, Listening, Reading, and Vocabulary, March 6, 2017 at 3:00- 4:00 P.M. (my session is last), in the Capitol A Room at the Sheraton Austin Hotel at the Capitol. (This was my original dissertation title. It’s now called A MMORPG with Strategic Activities to Improve English Grammar, Listening, Reading, and Vocabulary. My dissertation committee included: Burke Johnson (Chair), Univ. of South Alabama, Rick Van Eck, Univ. of North Dakota, James Van Haneghan, Univ. of South Alabama, and Susan Martin, Univ. of South Alabama, USA.
2. Panel Session: Exploring the Rules of the Game: Games in the Classroom, Game-Based Learning, Gamification, and Simulations, March 8, 2017 at 4:15-5:15 P.M. in the Capitol North Room at the Sheraton Austin Hotel at the Capitol. Panelists include:
- Jana Willis, Univ. of Houston-Clear Lake,
- Spencer Greenhalgh, Michigan State Univ.,
- Larysa Nadolny, Iowa State Univ.,
- Sa Liu, Univ. of Texas,
- Tugce Aldemir, Penn State World Campus,
- Sandra Rogers, Univ. of South Alabama,
- Monica Trevathan, Tietronix Software,
- Susan Hopper, Pedagogical Balance of Effective Learning
- Wendy Oliver, Thrivist, USA
For the complete schedule of the conference, select this link. A special thanks to the Instructional Design and Development Graduate Association and USA Student Government Association in funding my travel and conference fees!